Tuesday 8 November 2016

Stovies

Hello!

Blah my four day weekend is coming to an end and it's back to work tomorrow for me but at least it will be a short week!  Today I'm blogging last night's tea which was a Scottish classic - Stovies!

This is the first time I've made it since I started Slimming World but it's coming to that time of year that you need a bit of comfort food.  I got to thinking I could quite easily adapt my usual recipe to be a little more SW friendly.  As there's only onions in the way of 'Speed' veggies you'd probably be best to serve this with extra veggies or have some fresh fruit for afters.


Stovies


Serves 4

Approx 1.5 syns per serving

Ingredients:
Low calorie spray oil (I used sunflower)
3 small onions, halved and finely sliced
1.5 kg white potatoes, cut into small chunks
300g leftover roast beef (more if you have it)
1 x pack schwartz classic roast beef gravy mix (4.5 syns)
200ml beef stock
Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Method:
Heat the spray oil in a large heavy bottomed pan and fry the onions until beginning to brown.  Add a little water if they start to stick.  Add the potatoes and cook until starting to soften, stirring frequently.  Add the beef, gravy and stock and cook with the lid on until the potatoes are tender, stirring regularly.  Use a potato masher to break up some of the larger potato chunks.  Season to taste and serve with oatcakes if liked for extra syns.

That's all from me just now.  I'll be back later with my fish pie recipe!

Hugs,
Shona x





No comments:

Post a Comment