Wednesday 21 October 2015

Blueberry Clafoutis

Hello,

Been ages since I've been on here but I wanted to record a recipe I made recently before I lose the clipping!  We got a fantastic crop of blueberries this year, even better than last year so I've been trying out different recipes with them!

This recipe is one I took from my Aunt's Chat magazine



Blueberry Clafoutis

Serves 4

Ingredients
1 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp sugar to line dish
200g blueberries
100g plain flour
pinch salt
75g caster sugar
1 lemon, grated rind only
3 medium eggs
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
150ml milk
150ml double cream
Sifted icing sugar to decorate

Method
Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4 and butter a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish.  Sprinkle with sugar to line then add blueberries.

Mix flour, salt, sugar and lemon rind together in a bowl.  Whisk in the eggs, egg yolk, vanilla, then gradually whisk in the milk and cream to make a smooth batter.

Pour over the blueberries and bake for 30-40 mins until golden, risen and puffed up around the edges and set in the middle.

Dust generously with icing sugar and serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment